It is fair to say success is rare without hard work or sweat.
During the coffee break at a recent Syndicate meeting, after a rigorous discussion on this topic, members started sharing their favourite quotes that support their thoughts on why we need to work hard. Here is what we thought were the top seven quotes:
- "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
Colin Powell, former United States Secretary of State
- "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."
Vince Lombardi, Executive, Head Coach, NFL player
- "I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."
Steve Jobs, Co-founder, CEO, Chairman Apple Inc.
- "If you're passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful."
Pierre Omidyar, Founder and Chairman, eBay
- "Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect."
Jack Dorsey, Founder, Twitter
- "I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one."
Bill Gates, Co-founder, Microsoft
- "It is always the start that requires the greatest effort."
James Cash Penney, Founder, CEO J.C. Penny
What do you think makes you successful? Luck, hard work, focus? Or something else?
The CEO Institute was founded in 1992. It is now Australia's leading membership organisation for CEOs and senior executives. It provides a forum for over 1,000 Chief Executive members to connect and share their learning with each other. In 2011, The CEO Institute became the world’s first global certification body for CEOs, and in 2013, partnered with UNESCO in support of the "Malala Fund for Girls' Right to Education". In 2014, they began offering their programs globally.
The CEO Syndicate is an exclusive peer support network for CEOs. The first meeting of The CEO Syndicate program was held in Melbourne in June 1992. Offices were opened in Adelaide in 1996 and Sydney and Brisbane in 1997, with Perth launching in 2007. In 2015, the New Zealand office opened.
The Future CEO program is a certification course designed by the business leaders of today for the business leaders of tomorrow. The first Future CEO meeting was held in Melbourne in May 2012. In 2014, the "Future CEO Scholarship Fund for Women" was established, and continues to be offered today.
Membership of The CEO Institute is by invitation only. To register your interest click enquire.